Call for entries
Deadline: 5 October 2009
Pontino Short Film Fest
6 -10 January 2010 – Latina (Italy)
You can read the rules of the competition here:
The english and italian entry form is available on the web site:
ANNOUNCEMENT OF COMPETITION AND RULES 2009/2010
1. There is not an entrance fee, neither a ticket to pay for the projections.
2. Its possible to enter up to two films per author: the films must have been completed after June 2007 and mustn’t have been entered in a previous edition of the festival. Films can last no more than 15 minutes, credits included. For foreign movies it would be appreciated an Italian subtitle. Exceptionally the commission can decide to admit films a little longer than the imposed limit.
3. The plot of the movies is a free choice of the author, but documentaries and videoclip are not admitted.
The competition has four sections:
a. Free Theme
b. Colours of Violence
d. Short-Maghreb: shorts from Mediterranean Africa
4. The registration of the film has to be done online within the 5 of October 2009 (compiling the form on www.fpdc.it).
Movies and documents* have to be sent by post to
“Assoc. LA DOMUS, via Fiuggi 47 – 04100 Latina (LT) – Italy”
and have to be sent by the 10 of October 2009. Failing these terms will result in an automatic exclusion from the festival.
* After the on line registration you have to print and sign the pdf document of your shorts. You can attach it to the DVD
and/or you can scan it and send it by email to email@example.com
5. Films have to be sent in a DVD (better if PAL), that will be used for the projection, so is required a good quality notcompressed
movie. It will also be appreciated a not-compressed .avi/.mov copy. Its obligatory to enclose with the DVD the
signed pdf document (you will be able to download after the registration), and it will be possible to send any other useful
material to have a better knowledge about the film. Its suggested to send not the originals, cause the organizers are not
responsible for losses or damages of the sent material. If there are dialogues on the DVD you will send, please attach also a
document with the dialogues (better if with timecode for each line inside) during the on line registration.
6. Films sent to the festival will not be sent back and will remain in the archives of the Festival and of the association LA DOMUS that will be allowed to use them (even in parts) for no profit initiatives.
7. The films that will be projected during the festival are going to be chosen from a Selection Commission, whose decisions
are incontrovertible. The list of the chosen movies and the projections’ calendar will be posted on the web site www.fpdc.it
as soon as possible.
8. The technical panel, composed by expert and artists, the public and local media will assign their own prizes during the festival dates.
9. Prizes will have to be taken by the author himself or a delegate, during the awarding night. Foreign authors that are not able to come to Latina are relieved from this condition. The prize will be sent to them later on (only for the foreign authors).
10. The personal information sent to the festival, by the Law 675/96, will be only used for finalities related to the festival itself.
The subscription involves the total agreement with all the terms of these rules from the authors. For things not included in
these rules will be applied the italian law, Civil Code.
11. During the festival there will be the chance to arrange some audio/video connections with authors via Skype (with their consensus).
12. Prizes. The whole jackpot is of € 3.000,00, to be assigned to the directors according to these categories:
- Best Italian Film € 700, assigned from technical panel to a short produced by an Italian producer
- International Prize € 600, assigned from technical panel to a short produced by a foreign producer
- Public Prize € 500, assigned from the public
- Prize CortoPress € 400, assigned from the media panel to a Film of the “Colours of Violence” section
- Prize ComiCorto € 400, assigned from the technical panel to a film from the “Short-Fun” section
- Prize Lazio-Giovani € 400, assigned from the technical panel to a 30 years old or less director from Lazio
Organizators and Panels will be able to assign other Prizes or Special Mentions.
Prizes do not cumulate: if a film would win in more than one section it will receive only the higher value prize while other prizes will
be given to the second in the list, and so on.
For any information: firstname.lastname@example.org