Call for entries
Deadline: 19 September 2009
Kunstfilmtag 2009 (art-house-film-day)
19 December 2009 – Düsseldorf, Germany
WITH A VIEW TO THE SOUND
The Kunstfilmtag ( art-house-film-day ) originated as a free artist project with a festival character and is a tradition of exhibitions, initiatives and events organised and curated by artists.
Located in the auditorium of the Artist Society “Malkasten“ in Düsseldorf it presents the diversity of film- and video creations by artists in Düsseldorf, together with international media art and artistic films from all around the world in one comprehensive program.
The Kunstfilmtag 2009 directs its focus on the relationship between picture and sound.
Noise, music, voice, silence – subtle, quiet or loud: in its spacious presence, sound is not just creating a consolidation of ambiences and moods, but also has the ability to form a contrast to the moving picture or to define it.
Sound forms the acoustic, which significantly co-determines the perception and relevance of the picture.
As originally autonomous forms of expression, for the duration of the film
they will enter into an alliance. Whether synchronic, asynchronic, parallel
or descant – the marriage of both raw materials, picture and sound,
creates something unique, new – as an essential platform of the audio-visual concept.
Whether the work is a documentary, structural, essayistic, poetic or performative:
The artist decides on the modus, the style, in which sound and picture coincide.
1. download entry-form here: kunstfilmtagFORM_Engl.pdf
2. please send an e-mail containing the following items to:
1. Name, e-mail-Adresse (if different from the sender)
2. title, year, running time
3. 1 till or photograph of tne work as “best-quality”- jpg-file
4. A synopsis and a comment on the sound – theoretically, artificially, poetically – both together max. 600 characters (spaces included) – the text should be copied directly into the mail.
3. please complete the form and send it together with a preview dvd or memory card to the adress below or, if there is an online-link to your video, you can send the filled out form by e-mail to:
POSTFACH 10 12 43