Call for entries
Deadline: 30 September 2009
Instants of Landscape 09
Audio-Visual Competition – Huesca Spain
The objective of the competition “Instants of Landscape 09″ is to select a maximum of ten projects with the intention of fomenting the idea of landscape and audio-visual creation.
The invitational is open to all enthusiasts of the visual arts, who may be individuals or entities, and who can send a maximum of two pieces per participant.
The work must be produced for DVD format, taking into account its eventual single channel or Digital Betacam screening. Video installations or any other type of works will not be accepted if they require specific assembly or technology that cannot be shown in this format. Works that are not originally in Spanish must be subtitled in this language. They cannot be more than 30 minutes long.
Each project must include:
- DVD with the piece submitted for competition
- Résumé of artistic career
- Portfolio of other works produced, consisting of a maximum of 5 pages and 5 images
- Photocopy of the ID or passport of the project’s author
- Theoretical statement, no more than 3,000 characters long
- Synopsis, a minimum of 3 photographs and informative material
- If the information listed above is not received in its entirety the project will be rejected.
30 September 2009, 2:00 pm
Projects must be original and not have been previously exhibited through any other contest or award.
Two prizes will be granted:
A first prize of €2,500 and a second prize of €1,000. The winning pieces, and the selected pieces, may be shown in the exhibitions organised by the CDAN through its programme or as part of the activities of the Huesca Film Festival.
The decision will be published as of October 13th 2009 on CDAN’s website, and all participants will be informed in writing.