Call for entries
Deadline: 30 January 2010
NORD ART 2010
Kunst in der Carlshütte – 12.06.–03.10.2010
Vorwerksallee – 24782 Büdelsdorf
Invitation for applications to participate at the international exhibition NORD ART 2010
KiC – Kunst in der Carlshütte, a non-profit initiative of the ACO Group, and the towns of Büdelsdorf and Rendsburg, organises an annual international exhibition of visual arts from June to the end of September. The art exhibited at Nord Art is selected by a jury and features all visual art media. The exhibition in summer 2009 displayed the work of 218 artists from 34 countries, selected from above 1000 applications.
The old foundry building in the Carlshütte (20,000 sqm), ACO Wagenremise (400 sqm), ACO Gartenhaus (100 sqm), a 60,000 square metre sculpture park, as well as public spaces in the town.
A folder (Din A4) with the following documents:
1. Application form (can be downloaded from www.kic-nordart.de/ausschreibung_zur_nordart.html)
2. Artist’s CV (short version)
3. List of the most important solo and group exhibitions
4. Photos of approx. 10 works which could be shown at Nord Art. Please label all the photos with the title, year of origin, technique, and size. Please do not send any digital information or originals. Exception: DVD’s of video installations and performances.
Optional documents: own catalogues and press cuttings
5. If you wish your application documents to be returned, please supply a properly stamped and addressed envelope (if the address is outside Germany, please supply an adequate amount of ‘coupon-réponse international’)
Application deadline and address:
Please send the documents by 30 January 2010 at the latest (postmark) to the Nord-Art office at the following address:
Wolfgang Gramm, Kanalblick 26, 24814 Sehestedt, Germany
The jury is made up of artists, an art historian, and the supervisory board and management of KiC. The jury will send out its decision in writing by the end of March 2010.
Delivery and other information:
The works selected by the jury must be delivered to the Carlshütte, Vorwerksallee, 24782 Büdelsdorf, Germany, on 7 or 8 May 2010 (early delivery possible with the prior approval of the organisers).
All of the delivered works will be insured subject to the general insurance conditions from the time of delivery to the time of collection.
Transport costs are covered by the artist. We will be happy to help organise shared transport arrangements.
Opening ceremony: Saturday 12 June 2010, 5 pm
Opening times: to 03.10.2010, Weds to Sun 11 am – 7 pm
A catalogue in DIN A4 format is produced for the exhibition with one page per artist. Costs by KiC. The digital photos and text on each of the participating artists is requested when the jury’s decision is sent out. The artists receive a free copy of the catalogue.
Applications send to:
Contact: Wolfgang Gramm
Nord Art 2010 – 12.06.–03.10.2010
Deadline for applications:
30 January 2010