Call for entries
Deadline: 30 April 2011
Kratkofil 2011international short film festival, will be held for the fifth time in Banja Luka in August of 2011.
1) The Festival is comprised of the following:
- Competition section
- Side programs
- Special programs
- Debates – audience – authors – film critique – special festival guests – good fun
2) Provisions for film selection for the competition section
- The films must meet the following requirements:
· produced after January 1st, 2009
· duration up to 20 minutes
· subtitled in the English language, unless the dialog is in the English language
- all applications will be processed in the selection stage, unless direct participation was agreed with Festival management
- Films will be screened from 35mm, Beta SP or DVCAM, in that order of preference.
3) Attendance of the author at KRATKOFIL
The directors of selected films are invited to be guests of the festival and the festival will cover the expenses of their stay (food, accommodations, VIP passes). Exceptionally, a part of the travel expenses may be covered by the festival. Expenses are covered for one person only. If the director of the film cannot attend the Festival, the invitation may be forwarded to another member of the film crew.
4) Sending the application material
There is NO submission fee at KRATKOFIL. A application for the competition must include:
- A preview DVD copy of the film
- Entry form – filled out and signed
- info CD/DVD containing
· short biography of the director (up to 500 characters)
· short filmography of the director
· photography of the director
· short synopsis of the film (up to 500 characters)
· dialog lists (if the film has non-English dialog or any text displayed)
· film stills (screenshots)
· All materials must be sent to the festival address NO LATER than April 30th, 2011
· The application should be sent with a designation saying “No commercial value. Cultural purposes only.”
· The DVD and other material shall not be returned
5) Sending the selected films
- Please designate the package with “No commercial value. Cultural purposes only.” The indicated consignment value should not exceed €10.
- The 35mm / BETA SP / DVCAM must arrive to the festival address NO LATER than july 31st, 2011. In case the copy is late, the festival keeps the right to exclude the film from the competition and replace it with another film.
- The expenses of the consignment are covered by the sender.
- The 35 mm / BETA SP/ DV CAM will be returned to the address listed in the application, at latest three weeks after the end of the festival.
- The timetable for film screenings is at the exclusive discretion of the Kratkofil administration. The number of screenings, dates and schedule, as well as locations are determined only by the Festival administration.
- A film that has been applied cannot be withdrawn from the festival, unless the Festival administration decides otherwise.
- The Festival has the right to screen a film up to four times during the program solely for promotion purposes.
- The Festival keeps the right to use an insert from the film in the duration of up to 3 minutes for TV, radio broadcast and online promotion.
7) Jury and awards
The jury consists of 5 internationally recognized film artists and decides on the following awards:
- Grand Prix for the best film of the festival
- Best fiction film
- Best documentary film
- Best animated film
- Best experimental film
- Best domestic film
- Audience award
- Special mentions from the jury (the number and nature of these awards is at the sole discretion of the jury)
Sending a signed entry form means that the applicant has read, understood and accepted the rules of KRATKOFIL 2011, 5th international short film festival in Banja Luka, and declares that the owner of the screening rights has approved the application of the film to the festival.