call: Alpha Ville Festival London
Call for entries
Deadline: 1 May 2011
International Festival of Digital Arts, Music & Culture
London/UK – September 2011
Alpha-ville is the new London International festival of Digital Arts, Music & Culture, promoting access, understanding and enjoyment of quality digital arts and culture. The festival creates environments where people can engage with digital arts as well as learn about the role of digital technologies in today’s society.
The second edition of the festival will take place in September 2011 and will explore the theme of “Zeitgeist: the digital shift”. We invite submissions that challenge the boundaries between art, design, technology, and science. Submissions are open from 14th March to 1st May 2011. Submit your most interesting work!
Proposals will be accepted for the following categories:
– live music (use dropbox below)
– live AV performances
– art & multimedia projects
– moving image & film
– learning: academic paper, panel session, lecture & workshops
Keywords/topics: identity, censorship, hacktivism, user generated content, data, cities, connectivity, recycling, sustainability, networked projects, communities, urban regeneration, augmented reality, augmented naturality web, mobile, ubiquitously, architecture, digital fabrication, robotic systems, open data, generative design, interactive art, computational design, mobile games, software art, mobile art, nano art…
1. Artists can submit up to 1 artwork per category
2. General submissions via online form: www.alphavillefestival/submissions
3. Submissions are accepted from individuals, groups and collectives
4. No entry fee
5. Successful applicants will be awarded with a small fee
1. Submit an existing piece no longer than 2 years old.
2. Submissions must address the 2011’s festival theme.
3. Technical requirements must be clearly explained.
4. Please note that we cannot confirm the receipt of submissions. Artists will be contacted if they have been selected to perform at the festival.