Call for entries
Deadline 1 August 2008
Garden of Delight
2008 Yeosu International Art Festival (South Korea)
30 August – 20 September 2008
is looking for soundart works from artists from all over the world.
Garden of Delights & Yeosu Art Festival
Artistic Director & Curator: Raúl Zamudio
Yeosu, South Korea
Garden of Delights is an international exhibition that will take place in the city of Yeosu, South Korea and is part of the 2008 Yeosu Art Festival. The festival will consist of the international exhibition, a program of video and film, a one day event of public audio works played from a car equipped with bullhorn speaker system that will make its was around the city, an outdoor sculpture park, performances, and an exhibition by local Yeosu artists. Garden of Delights will present over 50 artists from around the world including artists from greater South Korea as well as from the festival’s host city. The title of the exhibition is a reference to the famous Hieronymous Bosch tryptich and a film by the avant-garde filmaker Stan Brakhage. The title and scope of the exhibition, however, will align itself with the theme of the upcoming 2012 Yeosu International Exposition. But whereas the International Exposition articulates Yeosu as a paradigmatic urban locus symbiotic with surrounding geography and the sea, Garden of Delights equally takes a similar view, albeit existentially, of the necessary recropicity between nature and contemporary society and the ultimate dystopia fostered through the negation of this relationship. The artists will approach the exhibition’s curatorial framework in a diversity of media including painting, photography, sculpture, video, installation, sound works, and works-on-paper.
1. Max. 3 soundart works can be submitted
2. Duration: no work may exceed 3 minutes
3. Only MP3 format accepted
4. Works should fit in the festival theme
5. The submission must be done online by filling in this entry form
–> a. full name of artist
–> b. address
–> c. email adress & URL
–> d. work title
–> e. work duration
6. entry form should be sent via email to
the soundwork can be attached as mp3 files
or sent on a CD accompanied by the printed entry form.
7. The selected works will be played on autmobile mounted with bullhorn speakers that will be stationed in areas throughout the city on the opening day of the festival. There wil also be a brochure alerting the public as to the author of sound work, with title, length, year, and author’s place of origin. Works submitted can be via CD, or email. If selected, artist should submit music file which fit will then be burned on a CD that will be played at at the festival.
Contact address to send CD entry to:
artistic director of 2008 Yeosu Art Festival
78 Jane St. NY, NY, 10014
Garden of Delighst
2008 Yeosu International Art Festival