Call for entries
Deadline: 26 August 2011
Roberto Cimetta Fund
Artistic Mobility in the Mediterranean
to cover travel and visa costs for trips such as attending professional cultural network meetings, workshops, artist’s residences, symposiums, etc.
If you would like to apply for a Cimetta Fund travel grant you must respect the following criteria :
1) You must make an individual request, written and sent by yourself. Requests sent by an organisation will not be accepted. Travel grants are allocated to individuals only.
2) Nationality is not an eligibility criteria but the candidate must be living and working in the Euro-Mediterranean zone.
3) There is no age limit.
4) Applicants must be artist (performer, creator, teacher) or professionals working in the cultural sector (organiser, administrator, project manager).
5) The trip must take place AFTER the selection date. If the date of departure is on the selection date and the candidate is unable to change the date, then an exception can be made. This implies that travel must be planned sufficiently in advance.
6) The aim of the candidat’s trip must be one of the following:
- Prepare a project.
- Take part in a residency.
- Take part in a meeting of artists and professionals with the aim of networking or encouraging links between cultural, artistic and development actors in the Mediterranean.
- Artistic training (master classes, workshops …) or professional training (cultural policy, cultural management) either as a trainee or as a teacher.
- Take part in debates, conferences and seminars.
7) The programme is open to the following artistic and cultural fields, either within transdisciplinary or monodisciplinary projects. – Contemporary performing arts: new theatrical forms, new writing for theatre, drama, contemporary dance, circus, street performances in situ, puppet theatre and inter-disciplinary projects.
- Visual arts including photography, film, digital arts and video arts.
- Literature : especially travel for authors’ meetings, writing workshops, poetry…
- Setting up of cultural projects.
8) The trip must contribute to cultural development at local level in South or East Mediterranean countries. The candidate must develop local initiatives or policies on his/her return that contribute to the cultural dynamism of his or her own country or region. They must be committed to transmitting the benefits of their experience abroad to the other artists and professionals in their region in a networking fashion.
9) Applicants can leave or travel to one of the following countries:
- the countries of the European Union and the European Economic Area
- the Southern and Eastern countries of the Mediterranean: Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Lybia, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey.
- the Balkan countries that are not members of the EU: Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, FYROM (Macedonia), Kosovo, Montenegro, Serbia.
- the countries of the Arabian Gulf (Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Yemen)
Candidates travelling from Sub-Saharan Africa will be redirected to the Art Moves Africa programme.
Travel from other continents (America, Asia) are not eligible.
If the candidate is from the South or East coast of the Mediterranean, from the Balkan countries that are not members of the EU or from the Persian Gulf s/he can candidate from the Americas or Asia. A candidate from an EU country cannot candidate for the Americas or Asia.
10) The candidate is unable to find funding for his or her travel.
11) The RCF will provide up to 3 travel grants per person. If the candidate has already received a grant the experts are informed that this is a second request and that if it is accepted the Fund is accompanying this professional in his or her project. The office also informs the experts on the number of grants that a project or organisation has indirectly benefited from.
12) If an artistic or cultural project requires the mobility of several of its actors, the Roberto Cimetta Fund reserves the right to examine the requestis individually and will only provide a maximum of 3 grants per project.
13) The request must be complete.
14) Estimation of travel expenses must be plausible.
How to make an application
1. First of all you must make sure that you are eligible by reading the information on the funding lines and the eligibility criteria very carefully.
2. Make sure that the travel for which you are making the request will take place after the selection date of the forthcoming session. Please check the dates of selection often as they are subject to change. However deadlines are fixed and will not change at least one month before the deadline.
3. Fill in the form in the section “Apply for a travel grant” with your contact details, your status, your artistic field, the place and date of departure, and your destination.
The office of the Cimetta Fund will process your request and send you by email a more detailed form within 3 days maximum. This form will correspond to one of the funding lines and will ask you to provide more complete information on your professional background, your project and your aims.
4. Please fill in the form very carefully either in French or in English. Be concise and clear to maximise your chances of success. Remember that the Cimetta Fund only reimburses one international return ticket per person and visa costs if necessary. You can only make one request for travel per application. The estimation of your ticket cost must be plausible. You may also send a scanned copy of the invitation letter from the organisers of the event you are going to. Remember the applicant must send the form from his or her own email address. Please do not send any other material with your application.
5. Send the form to the e-mail address below before the deadline.
Processing the applications
After the deadline all the requests are processed and then sent to the experts who have a maximum of three weeks to make their decision. The office informs the candidates by email one week after the selection date on the decision and the amount granted. If the decision is negative then applicants will be informed of the reason for refusal.
If you are successful you must download the Cimetta Fund logo from the website and use it on your communication documents/material.
You will be asked to make a report on your travel experience.
You will receive the reimbursement of your international travel/visa costs once the office has received the following documents:
- The scanned copy of your used travel tickets and/or invoice indicating your name, date of travel, place of departure and destination, price. The grant cannot be given to someone else if you are not able to travel.
- A report of your trip using the report form that was sent to you.
- Bank details to make the transfer. If you do not have a personal bank account, the grant can be transferred to someone else’s account. In that case, we require a letter of authorization from the owner of the bank account.
If you do not send these documents within two months of your travel your grant will be cancelled.
Roberto Cimetta Fund
13 bis rue Henri Monnier