Call for entries
Deadline: 12 September 2011
CALL FOR PROPOSALS:
DUMBO ARTS CENTER’S OPEN CALL FOR EXHIBITIONS 2012
We invite artists and curators from all levels of experience to submit proposals for 2012. 3-4 exhibitions will be chosen for production in our gallery space at 111 Front St. in Dumbo, Brooklyn.
For 2012, DAC will be organizing exhibitions around the theme of “Focus.” Artists and curators are encouraged to interpret the theme as they see fit.
We will consider all proposals, though we will admit a bias to installation, video, the very loud, the very quiet and/or the very small. Proposals can be for solo or group exhibitions. As DAC is a small (and nimble!) institution, artists and curators will have a very hands on role in developing and installing the show. Proposals that include elements of public programming are encouraged.
1. The deadline for proposals is September 12th, 2011.
2. Initial proposals should be a written statement only. The proposals should be presented thus:
A summary of the exhibition not exceeding 200 words
A detailed description, including how the exhibition addresses the theme, not more than 1500 words.
Proposals should be submitted as PDFs.
3. All interested applicants should be familiar with DAC’s exhibition space.
4. Please do not include images, videos, CVs or links at this time. Proposals that do not follow this guideline will not be reviewed.
5. Proposals are to be emailed to email@example.com no later than midnight, September 12th, 2011.
7. If you have questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
DAC will review all submissions and compile a shortlist of 10 applicants. Additional support materials, images, resumes etc. will be requested from these applicants of interest for Round II of the open call. The decision of Dumbo Arts Center is final. Applicants eligible for Round II be notified by November 1, 2012.
Dumbo Arts Center
111 Front Street, Suite 212
Brooklyn, New York 11201
United States of America