Call for entries
extended deadline: 30 July 2012
CologneOFF VIII – Continental Drift
Human Rights – Memory & Identity
8th edition of Cologne International Videoart Festival
to be launched in September 2012 and run in the framework of the nomadic festival project “CologneOFF 2012 – videoart in a global context”
CologneOFF 2012 – videoart in a global context
is a world wide unique festival project, starting on 1 January 2011 and lasting until 31 December 2012 and beyond..
Its goal is to show on the tour around the globe venues the diversity of the creative potential of “art and moving images” transported via the global medium of “video”.
More info about CologneOFF 2012
CologneOFF VIII – the 8 th festival edition since the foundation in 2006 is focussed thematically on “human rights” and their manifestation in memory & identity.
“Continental Drift” is used as a metaphore for the instabile political, economical and ecological situation, people live on the globe currently,
which is representing also a moral crisis of all systems in power.
CologneOFF VIII is looking
– for art works using video as a medium in all its variety,
– for new and experimental artistic approaches in transforming issues of human rights & dignity and related fields into the language of the “moving images”,
- and is inviting film & video creators – to submit up to 3 works of experimental forms of film and video art – (exclusively) online by using the entry form below
- Deadline: 01 July 2012
- Welcome are single channel videos by film and videomakers from all countries on the globe
- Themes: human rights and related fields. The festival is looking for innovative and experimental approaches in dealing with contents and technology
- The full-length films/videos may originate from the years 2004-2012.
- Excerpts of videos or films are not accepted!!
- Duration: max 10 minutes (exceptions possible on request)
- Max 3 films/videos can be submitted.
- Productions using language and/or text other than English need English subtitles.
- The preview copy should be uploaded for download by using upload platforms like SENDSPACE www.sendspace.come or WE TRANSFER www.wetransfer.com, both are free upload services , after upload please send the link, and CologneOFF will download the film then.
- elegible: only mpeg2 DVD, Quicktime . mov (mp4 and H264 codec only), Windows Media .wmv or Flash video flv [size minimum720x 576 (PAL) or 720x480 (NTSC)]
- only selected artists will be notified
- After selection the artists/directors will be invited to send a hardcopy of the selected video on DVD in best screening quality.
Entry Form – please cut and paste
Please use for each video a new entry form
a) full name
c) email, URL
d) short bio (max. 100 words, English only)
a) title English – original (max 3 works)
b) URL home page, (Internet address for download)
c) year of production
e) work synopsis (max. 100 words/submission, English only)
f) 2 screenshots for each submitted work (jpg, 800×600 px)
Please add this declaration & sign it with your full name & email address
I, the submitter/author, declare to be the holder of all rights on the submitted work.
In case the work is selected, I give – until revoke – CologneOFF the permission to include the work in the festival context online and in physical space for screenings /exhibitions free of charge and use screenshorts for non-commercial promotional purposes. Until revoke means, that the author can remove his work at any time.
Please use for each submission a separate entry form
deadline: 30 july 2012
Please send the submission either in
plain email text, RTF (Rich Text Format) or WORD . doc as attachment to
subject: CologneOFF VIII – Continental Drift
CologneOFF VIII – Continental Drift
8th Cologne International Videoart Festival
director and coordinator
Wilfried Agricola de Cologne
Cologne International Videoart Festival
D – 50676 Cologne