call: Collisioncollective Open Call For Tech/Art Work
Call for entries
Deadline: 14 January 2012
Collisioncollective Open Call For Tech/Art Work
COLLISIONcollective is looking for your experimental technology-based artwork.
The seventeenth COLLISIONcollective exhibition will open at the Axiom Center of New and Experimental Media in Jamaica Plain (Boston) on March 2, 2012.
* Judging will be final by Wednesday, January 18, 2012, with notifications going out the same day
* The show is scheduled for installation the week of February 26, 2012.
* Opening will be March 2, 2012.
* The show will be up for four weeks, coming down on March 31, 2012.
Formed by artists and technologists, the COLLISIONcollective is premised on the sometimes abrupt intersection between art and technology. Its practitioners are drawn to this synthesis as the epicenter of forward-looking cultural adaptation. COLLISIONcollective was formed to address several vital needs: the promotion of artists, the creation of events and venues for exhibition, and fostering the exchange of ideas, techniques, and enthusiasm for making art. CC brings together people of all ages and disciplines in a collective format, creating a supportive community. For more info, see http://collisioncollective.org
Judging is based solely on the merit of the work.
* art / technology — be techno in production or product
* safe — do not be dangerous to patrons
* completed / available — be available including artist
* fits space — be a team player
* exciting / novel — be fun and unique
* thought provoking — be smart
* crafty — be quality
Some examples of recent works accepted into Collision shows can be found at http://collisioncollective.org/artwork. Please take these as a general guide to the genre covered, but not as a limitation on your creative parameters. We want to see your ideas!
In order to submit, first add yourself as a website user (if you haven’t already done so for a prior submission), log in, and then use the My Submissions navigation link to submit your proposal. After initially submitting, you can edit your proposal up until the submission deadline of Saturday, Jan 14, 2012. If you have several works to enter, multiple submissions are fine, but generally only one piece per person will be accepted unless they are a series. You may submit a proposal for a piece yet to be realized, but the likelihood of its completion will be considered during judging. Axiom will comfortably house moderately-sized artworks and installations, but space is somewhat limited. Please limit your proposed work to around 500 cubic feet (about an 8*8*8′ cube, dimensions variable) as really large projections, etc. will negatively impact the number of works to be shown.
1. Create an account: http://collisioncollective.org/user/register
2. Create a new submission: http://collisioncollective.org/node/add/show-submission
Axiom Center for New and Experimental Media
141 Green Street
Jamaica Plain (Boston), Massachusetts 02130
United States of America