call: SUMU Artist-in-Residence
Call for entries
Deadline: 15 September 2012
SUMU Artist-in-Residence programme, Turku, Finland
Please prepare an individual submission, including:
– Short, clear & realistic project plan (max one page). Please specify, whether you are planning to work on a new piece or continue an old one.
– Short motivation statement (max one page).
– CV (max one page) plus artist’s homepage.
– Maximum of 10 minutes worth of work samples in PC format (CD/ DVD) or as a web link to the sample material
– Samples of recent work as print-outs or attachment files (3–5 pieces).
Also include the following details:
– preferred date and time period of residency.
– possible interest in hosting an exhibition, artist talk or other event.
The submissions will not be returned.
SUMU artist-in-residence programme offers one- to three-month residencies to artists working in the intersection of new technologies and contemporary art. In Autumn 2013, the residency opportunity is directed specifically to creative professionals working with the broad concept of sound.
SUMU is an artist residency run by the ARTE Artists’ Association in Turku, Finland. ARTE’s aim is to promote contemporary art in the city, as well as improve the professional, social and economical benefits of the artists. SUMU, founded in 2006, is the first new media residency in Finland.
Gallery Titanik / Sumu A.i.R.
Itäinen Rantakatu 8