Call for entries
deadline: Monday, 1 July 2013
9th Cologne International Videoart Festival
launch in September 2013
Founded in 2006, Cologne International Videoart Festival http://coff.newmediafest.org is celebrating in 2013 its 9th festival edition in sequence.
Abbreviated CologneOFF, the festival is devoted to present and encourage the creations in the field of “art and moving images”, whereby the focus is directed to art and not to cinema.
Since 2012, CologneOFF is covering some new festival formats like – animateCOLOGNE – Cologne Art & Animation Festival http://caaf.newmediafest.org, exDox – experimental documentary film festival http://exdox.newmediafest.org and 1#minuteCOLOGNE – Cologne One Minute Film Festival http://comf.newmediafest.org. The call for entries is looking especially for submissions in these festival categories.
In 2012, a new umbrella has been created covering the diverse platforms dealing with “art and moving images”, entitled:
Cologne Art & Moving Images Awards http://camia.mediaartcologne.org
Like previous festival editions also the new one will become the basis for the nomadic festival project – CologneOFF 20XX videoart in a global context – aimed to travel 2013/2014 around the globe to the best venues presenting the diversity in the field of “art and moving images” transported via the medium of “video”
More info – http://downloads.nmartproject.net/CologneOFF2013-eng.pdf
has no specific motto or topic, but refers to the general theme “memory & identity” and themes of previous festival editions like (art & the city). The official release of the call on 1 January 2013 and the deadline of 1 July 2013 offers additionally sufficient time for creating new artworks to be submitted.
CologneOFF IX is
– looking for art works using video as a medium in all its variety, but for submitting only single channel videos are eligible, a hybrid type of work which can be used for different presentation forms like screening, projection and installation.
– expecting new and experimental artistic approaches in transforming essential issues of human existence into the language of the “moving images”.
- inviting film & video creators – to submit up to 3 works in following categories – (experimental) film – (experimental) videoart – (experimental)documentary, whereby animated forms are particularly encouraged
- Deadline: 01 July 2013
- Wanted: single channel videos by film and videomakers from all countries on the globe
- General theme: “Memory” & “Identity” .The festival is looking for innovative and experimental approaches in dealing with contents and technology
- The full-length films/videos may originate from the years 2004-2013. Excerpts of videos or films are not accepted!!
- Duration: 60 seconds up to max 10 minutes (exceptions possible on request)
- Max 3 films/videos can be submitted.
- Creations using language and/or text other than English need English subtitles.
- The preview copy should be uploaded for download by using the free upload platforms like SENDSPACE www.sendspace.com (up to 300 MB) or WE TRANSFER www.wetransfer.com (up to 2GB), after upload please send the link, and CologneOFF will download the film then.
- for review only following video formats are eligible – minimum size–> 720×576 (PAL) or 720×480 (NTSC)or HD:
.mpeg2 (DVD), . mov (Quicktime, H264 codec only), .mp4, .wmv (Windows Media), .flv (Flash video)
- only selected artists will be notified and invited to send a hardcopy of the selected video in best screening quality.
Entry Form –
please cut and paste
and use for each video a new entry form
a) full name
b) full address
c) email, URL
d) short bio (max. 100 words, English only)
a) title English – original (max 3 works)
b) URL home page, (Internet address for download)
c) year of production
e) work synopsis (max. 100 words/submission, English only)
f) 2 screenshots for each submitted work (jpg, 800×600 px)
Please add this declaration & sign it with your full name & email address
I, the submitter/author, declare to be the holder of all rights on the submitted work.
In case the work is selected, I give – until revoke – CologneOFF the permission to include the work in the festival context online and in physical space for screenings /exhibitions free of charge and use screenshots for non-commercial promotional purposes. Until revoke means, that the author can remove his work at any time.
Please use for each submission a separate entry form
deadline: 1 July 2013
Please send the submission in both -
plain email text and RTF (Rich Text Format) or WORD . doc as attachment to
subject: CologneOFF IX submission
CologneOFF IX – 9 th Cologne International Videoart Festival
director and coordinator
Wilfried Agricola de Cologne
Cologne International Videoart Festival
D – 50676 Cologne