Call for entries
Deadline: 31 May 2013
12th Reggio Short Film Festival
October 2013 – Reggio Emilia/Italy
1. We announce the 12th Reggio Film Festival.
2. The competition is open to all filmmakers and includes the following sections:
– Red: short movies related to this theme, in all its possible meanings and suggestions;
– Open Category: short movies that are not related to the theme.
Very short-movies will be particularly welcome.
3. Registration is free.
4. In order to register your short movie, you have to fill the registration form available on www.reggiofilmfestival.com
5. Your inscription will be confirmed by e-mail with a pdf registration form attached. You must print, sign and send it together with the short movie or scan and send it by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Short movies can be sent in DVD format and/or by a link for streaming.
DVD copies will not be returned.
7. DVD copies and signed registration forms must be sent to the following address:
CONCORSO REGGIO FILM FESTIVAL
c/o Biblioteca Panizzi
via Farini 3
42121 Reggio Emilia – ITALY
8. You must fill in the specific fields in the registration form with the links for streaming together with the passwords if necessary.
9. It’s mandatory to send a copy with English or Italian subtitles (to be selected as a separate track on the disk), and/or a dialogue list with timecode for all not Italian short movies.
10. The deadline is May the 31th (the postal print will count as a proof).
11. The festival organizing committee will select the short movies that will be shown, choosing the proper section for each movie.
12. The filmakers of selected short movies will be informed by e-mail and, if not already done, they must send by the date which will be notified and for each opera submitted a copy in DVD format or alternatively a download link for the file in DVD quality or higher.
13. The following prizes will be awarded:
– First Prize, to the best short movie about “Red” theme;
– Audience Jury award, to the best short movie voted by the Reggio Film Festival audience.
14. The committee reserves the right to use the short movies for other non-profit and cultural purposes, without prejudice to the full ownership of the copyright to the author.
15. All the short movies submitted to the committee for the selection, will be included in the audiovisual database of Reggio Film Festival and of the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia. The organizers commit not to use the short-movies for commercial purposes in any way.
16. All the short movies received could be choosen by the local Library of Reggio Emilia and made available for free loan to their users.
17. The author of short movies selected for the Festival will promptly receive the detailed festival program. For info about your entry, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or check the official website www.reggiofilmfestival.com